Explore Study Options >
Explore the Life of Jesus
Explore the Life of Jesus - Contents Page
How to get the most from this module:
Unit 1: Portraits of Jesus
- Do you remember what we discussed in Module 1?
- Where does our knowledge about the life of Jesus come from?
- Writing about Jesus by people who didn’t believe in Him
- The Gospels of Matthew, Mark, Luke and John
Unit 2: A king is born
- The stories of Jesus’ birth
- Jesus’ ancestors
- Jesus’ conception
- Jesus’ mission
- When was Jesus born?
- Why was the King born in such poverty?
Unit 3: The king is commissioned
- The years before Jesus’ public ministry
- John the Baptist
- Jesus’ baptism
- Jesus’ temptations in the wilderness
- Jesus begins His work
Unit 4: The kingdom is announced
- Galilee: the place where Jesus first talked about the kingdom
- What led Jesus to begin a new ministry in Galilee?
- Jesus’ message
- How could Jesus say that the kingdom had come; what did He mean?
- Jesus and the demons
- Absence of political expression in the kingdom of God
- How did Jesus say the kingdom of God would come?
Unit 5: The friend of sinners
- How did Jesus call His followers to Him?
- What first impression did Jesus make on ordinary people?
- Notable characteristics of Jesus
- The religious leaders
- How did Jesus relate to women?
- Jesus’ attitude to children
- Jesus’ priority in ministry
Unit 6: Who is this man?
- Why didn’t Jesus openly declare Himself the king?
- How did Peter come to see that Jesus was the Messiah?
- How did Jesus establish the kingdom of God?
- Did Jesus say anything more about Himself than that He was the Messiah?
Unit 7: Setting His face towards Jerusalem
- The areas in which Jesus carried out His ministry
- Why and when did Jesus leave Galilee?
- Jesus in Jerusalem
- Jesus’ view of His approaching death
Unit 8: The last week
- Jesus emerges from hiding
- The fateful journey to Jerusalem
- Jesus’ triumphal entry into Jerusalem
- Jesus’ last week in Jerusalem
- How did Jesus say the future would be?
Unit 9: The king is rejected
- Jesus’ ‘last’ night
- Jesus’ arrest
- Jesus’ trial
- Why was Pontius Pilate involved?
- Jesus’ execution
- The significance of the events surrounding Jesus’ death
Unit 10: The King Rises
- Did Jesus really come alive again?
- Evidence of the resurrection
- Events after Jesus’ death, as described in the oldest Gospel
- Why does Mark’s account break off without describing Jesus’ appearances to His followers?
- What does Matthew add to Mark’s account?
- What does Luke add to what we have learnt in Mark and Matthew?
- What does John tell us happened on the first Easter Day?
- What is the significance of Jesus’ life and ministry?